Monday, September 28, 2009

Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay and Rene Gutteridge




Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay and Rene Gutteridge
Published by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group
I originally picked up this book because of Rene Gutteridge. I have read all of her books, and I know that it seems like I always say this, but she is one of my favorite authors. Her books are wonderfully different, always a great plot. I would not have picked up this book by looking at the cover. But, seeing her name on the cover as one of the authors, I decided to bite.
And boy, am I glad I did! I found this book to be a pure delight! I should have known better. I absolutely loved this book. I found the character of Jessie Stone very real and enjoyable. All I am going to say about the plot is....well done.
I usually prefer suspense or mystery, but I have to make a confession: I LOVE chick lit. And I would put this book in that category. Chick lit with a meaningful message.
Because of the discussions regarding new FTC rules, I want to disclose the following:
I reviewed this book on my own. I did not receive a free copy or compensation from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment