Friday, January 8, 2010

Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson



who do i talk to?  a Yada Yada House of Hope Novel
Book 2
written by Neta Jackson
published by Thomas Nelson Publishers
ISBN:  978-1-59544-524-4


Pure pleasure.  I read this book for ME!  I borrowed the book from the library.  I have read all the YadaYada books, and just love the characters.  They feel like old friends.  I was not going to review this, but since I am still thinking about the book several days after I finished reading it, how could I not review it?

The book begins where the first books ends. (of course)  Gabby Fairbanks returns to the Chicago penthouse she shares with a husband, two sons, her elderly mother, and her mother's dog to find the locks have changed, and her belongings are packed and waiting for her in the lobby.  Her husband, Phillip, has cruely kicked her out, cancelled all her credit cards, and taken her sons out of state.  Gabby, her mother, and  Dandy the dog become residents of Manna House, the womans' homeless shelter where Gabby is employed. 

I don't want to go through all the events and adventures in the book, as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone.  If you loved the Yada Yada series, you will LOVE this book!  So wonderful to get to know Gabby and watch her grow and mature.  It seems a no-brainer that when troubles come, who else do we talk to, but the Lord?  But I appreciate how Neta carefully and gently drew Gabby toward God as the one to turn to when there seems to be no one else.  It was delightful to watch her relationships with others, both believers and non-believers, develop.  I laughed and cried with Gabby through this novel.  It was also great to catch up with some of the Yada Yada characters, and get to know the new characters. I can't wait to read the next novel in the series, Who Do I Lean On?!

No comments:

Post a Comment