Sunday, May 10, 2009

Introduction

Happy Mother's Day! I will make this short, since I am just starting out. My name is Denise, and I am an avid bookreader. I work part-time at a Christian book store, but my main "job" is my family. My reason for creating this blog is partly to express myself before, during, or after my favorite passion, READING! I try to read at least one book a day. I am ridiculous. I read while cooking, eating, waiting at stop lights....you name it.

My memory has never really been that great, so.....last year I decided to start a list of all books I have read so that I will not choose the same one twice. Over the past year, I began to put a little note beside the books I had strong feelings for, both positive and negative. This is my attempt to take that one step further. I would love to share the books that have impacted me, even if I am the only one who is reading this. I do also recommend books that have impacted me to customers at my job, but I am limited to what I can say. So here I have free reign!!!!!

Today I am reading "Every Now and Then" by Karen Kingsbury. I will review when I am done. Yesterday I read the most refreshing book called " Tender Grace" by Jackina Clark. I loved it! The book flowed so well. I felt privileged to experience Audrey's healing journey, and thought it was pretty cool that I had visited some of the same places she described. Would definitely recommend this book!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Denise!

    I'm the author of Fireflies In December, and your review brought such a smile to my face! So glad you enjoyed it.

    If you'd be interested in reviewing the sequel, Cottonwood Whispers, on your blog just run by my website, www.jennifervalent.com, and send your contact info to me via my contact page. We'll get you a copy of the book out as soon as it's available.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete